ASN Graduate Student Council Webpage
The graduate student council has a webpage: http://asngrads.com/asn-graduate-student-council/
The purpose of this site is to facilitate interaction within the graduate student community of the American Society of Naturalists. In particular, to provide a message board to coordinate room sharing and events at ASN meetings.
The ASN is committed to a variety of initiatives to provide more valuable services to its student members. The Graduate Council actively participates in planning and assisting with these outreach efforts, and serves on society committees, such as the ASN Student Awards Committee, the Workshop Committee, the Regional Society Liaison Committee, and the Executive Council. Duties also include planning graduate student activities at the annual meeting, assisting with developing a web-based community (blogs, discussion boards, and job services), planning science workshops aimed primarily at students that further the core goals of the Society (“integration across the biological sciences”), or other activities suggested by student members.
The current GC members are:
- Kim Gilbert, 2013-2016, University of British Columbia
- Sara Jackrel, 2013-2016, University of Chicago
- Alannie-Grace Grant, 2014-2017, University of Tennessee Knoxville
- Matthew Nielsen, 2014-2017, University of Arizona
- Abigail Pastore, 2015-2017, Florida State University
- Sheela Turbek, 2015-2018, University of Colorado, Boulder